Cancerous cells are malignant cells. Uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the human body is cancer. It can be developed in any organ of our human body such as lung, colon, bones, breast and nerve tissue.
The virus which can cause cancer is oncovirus virus.
Cancer may grow as hereditary (genetically) and (environmentally) all non-hereditary factors. 5 to 10 % of cancers are directly due to genetic and hereditary reasons. Environmental factors for cancer are, due to lack of physical activity, infections, pollutions, old age, tobacco consumption, ill food habit, bad lifestyle and obesity.
Some of the environmental reasons as excessive sunlight exposure, radiation, viruses, chemicals as benzene, poisonous mushrooms, poisonous peanuts (aflatoxins).
Some common types of cancer are:
- Prostate cancer
- Gastric cancer
- Colon cancer
- Lung cancer
- Brain cancer
- Liver cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Pancreatic carcinoma
- Hodgkin’s lymphoma
Common symptoms for cancer are:
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Night sweat
- Breathing shortness
- Blood in stool, diarrhea, constipation (in case of colon cancer)
- Cough, chest pain, breathing short (in case of lungs cancer)
Perfect diagnosis can be only done after checking the clinical report of blood test, x-ray, CT scan, MRI, CBC (complete blood count) and biopsy, which is an microscopic examination. Most cancer can be treated.
- And surgery
And some types of cancers are:
- Blastoma – Lymphoma (Leukemia) (blood forming cells) any age.
- Germ cell tumor – This type is generally found in adults (tactical and ovary) but young children and small babies may also get infected commonly.
- Sarcoma (mesenchymal) (connective tissue)
- Carcinoma (epithical cells) commonly found on prostate, breast and colon.
- Regular breast examination (mammography)
- Stop intake of alcohol or alcoholic fluids
- Maintain healthy weight
- Regular exercise regime
- Reduce sun exposure (tanning)