Dysplasia, subluxation and perthes disease slipped upper femoral epiphysis, apophysitis, calcaneovalgus foot, intoe gait, growing pains these are very common hip problem in children.
Flat feet, idiopathic clubfoot and talipes vanus are some of the deformities of the foot (congenital).
Postural defects and scoliosis are some of the very common congenital disease of spine.
Cerebral palsy, neurological congenital disease are also very common diseases found in pediatric history.
Some of the non-accidental injury have been recognized..
- Metaphyseal fracture (bucket handle fracture or corner fracture)
- Rib fractures
- Skull fracture
Arthroscopy is used to view the internal parts of the knee. It is generally done through the small incisions. The small camera attached to the scopy helps the doctor to view the internal images through a television monitor. This helps the surgeon to repair and remove the damaged tissue.
The arthroscopy for knee is most commonaly is used for :
- Reconstruction of a torn anterior cruciate ligament
- Removal of loose fragments of bone or cartilage
- Removal or repair of torn meniscal cartilage
- Trimming of torn pieces of articular cartilage
Carpal tunnel release (carpal tunnel syndrome)
It is a pain in the hand that is caused due to the pressure on the median nerve in the wrist. Which gives a very weak and painful feeling. The tunnel is so narrow that any type of swelling can effect the nerve and because pain. This can be treated as a non-surgical as well as surgical manner depends on the condition of the patient.
Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction (surgical tissue graft)
It is the replacement of anterior cruciate ligament present in the knee. The torn and damaged ligament is removed away from the knee before the insertion of the graft. The surgery is performed arthroscophyically.
Laminectomy (back pain)
Laminectomy is a spine operation to remove the portion of the bone (vertebral). It can be a procedure which may take weeks to months with conventional open surgery and days in the minimal procedure. Laminectomy is usually used in such conditions when physical therapy and medicines don’t work. The doctors may suggest three common type of surgeries to get relieve back pain due to nerve root compression. This procedures are generally done in combination with each others.
Discectomy – It is a procedure performed in spinal disk to remove completely or partially.
Laminotomy – Lamina above and below an affected nerve is removed.
Intervertebral disc surgery (Low back pain)
The most common causes of low back are
- Over used of muscles injury ligaments
- Facet and sacroiliac joints
- Osteoarthritis (joint degeneration) which mostly develop with age and effects the small facet joint which can lead to severe back pain.
- Spondylolysis also effects your walk which promotes back pain.
- Herniated disc sport activity or when lifting any thing in a improper pressurizes to the lower back which results to server lower back pain.
Less common spinal conditions are
- Bacterial infection.
- Spinal tumors.
- Failed back surgery.
- Scheuemann’s disease.
- Ankylosing spondylitis.